Saturday, March 1, 2008

ok so I'm gonna try this

Journaling has never been a strong point of mine but hey why not. I'm sitting at home and want something to do, and I hate to write, so off to the cyberspace world I go. So a little about me:
First off I am a born again Christian, in other words God is my bestest friend and I love Him. I struggle sometimes as you would in any friendship but I want to live my life to make Him happy. I am the children's pastor at a wonderful church and I love the kids there. I miss my family, Mom, Dad, Nate, Holly, and Adam. They support me even from states away, and even supported me following God's call to take me away. I am single and coping, I was in a serious relationship for 4 and 1/2 years, when he broke my heart. I honestly believe in my heart that God has someone out there for me who will love me in a way that I have only dreamed, but I still struggle with the hurt that I opened myself up to in the past, and how to get my head to rely on my heart, what a confusing mess I am. I miss my friends from home and am looking to make new friends here, it's just taking more time than I expected. So my life consists of church, working at church, meeting families from church, my small group, and keeping up on my family from home.
Life today- Council meeting this morning: It was so nice! I love those ladies, they support me and have really tried to help me. I thank God that they had the faith in me to bring me out here. I am excited about working to raise money to get A/V equipment for the children's church area!
-Prayer vigil: I think this was more for me than I thought it was. I was thinking that I was going to go and pray for other people and help them but I really helped myself. I want to make sure that I pray like that more often. I mean I want to make sure my friendship with God stays strong and I know that I have to communicate with Him, and show him how much I really do rely on him for my every breath.
-Funeral: A man from our church passed away Wednesday and we had the funeral today. I didn't really know the family so I helped in the kitchen. It's interesting to see how people in the same family deal with loss so differently. The wife really seemed to be ok, I think she had the oppertunity to adjust to the idea that he was going soon, but still it was a little different. The rest of the family was quite the opposite. I guess that is what happens when you don't know where your loved one is.
-Kids Expo: I went to a expo today and it was actually alot of fun. I found some really interesting places in this area that I can't wait to take the kids to! Rock climing, and paintball! woo hoo! That will be alot of fun! I also got a chance to talk to the local Christian radio station about getting a shift to keep up on my radio skills. Side note (I also have a degree in radio broadcasting and have a dream to start a Christian version of radio disney! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!) they said they don't have any positions open right now but I think that would be something so good. Praying as I type that a spot will open! ok so I need to head to bed because I have a busy day tomorrow! Hoping I didn't bore you!

No comments: