Monday, August 4, 2008

My Crazy Night at VBS!

VBS. The very mention of those letters can make any Children's Pastor cringe, jump for joy, and become extreamly tired all at the same time! It's the most fun and amazing week while one of the most stressful and tiring weeks as well in any CP's life! This year is my first VBS at my new church, so I was very excited! Things had come together so well and I was so proud of my church.
Side Tangent!-- This church goes all out for VBS I want to share some pics so you can see how AWESOME my volunteers are!



















































It's soooooo awesome to be in such an exciting place! There is so much energy and over 100 kids so it's GREAT!!! The first night is usually the craziest, but Sunday went well, no problems and everythng went very well! WE were all so happy, and were ready for day 2! WELLLLLL!
It went FINE! The classes were good, we had more kids and MY TEAM WAS WINNING! (offering, if my team loses I get slimed!) It was a wonderful night and the kids were already looking foward to coming back, we had prayed the closing prayer and were just about to let the parents pick up their children, when I got the wisper that I never wanted to hear. "Pastor Amanda, they just issued a Tornado warning for our area and the sirens are going off. We need to get all of the children to the basement" I immediatly went into crisis mode and found the Sr. Pastor who informed all of the children that they were to follow their crew leader to the basement where parents can pick up their kids or wait if they wanted. While he did this I went to inform the parents what we were going to do. I had many parents wanting to leave immediatly and they found their kids and left. We soon were reminded why the church built a new children's center, the basement is sooooo small. We had to take the reast of the children to a enclosed area in the children's area. A good 20 mminutes later when all of the children were safe the church became used in the way it normally does when there is a T-warning. The church becomes a shelter for all of the Senior Tralier Park Citizens, and their puppies! If you don't believe me let me show you!



Kiddies running around just a little freaked out by the storm and Sr. Adults and their puppies worried as well surounded by parents who were trying to control their kids and trying to not freek out themselves! It was one wild and crazy night and let me just say I'm glad it's over!!!!

No comments: